Thursday, March 1, 2012

March is Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Month

One year ago today, I decided to raise money every March to support Multiple Sclerosis research. Last year, in the very beginning of my online business with very little social media connections, I was able to raise $95.00 to donate to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. I was able to raise this amount with the help of family and friends as well as many of the customers that purchased items during this month.

Today, one year later, I would LOVE to raise double that amount since I now have over 250 fans on Facebook, over 450 followers on Twitter, several members on my mailing list and even more repeat shoppers in my studio!!!

10% of all my sales in both my Etsy and ArtFire shop will be donated to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society to help fund research to find a cure for MS.

Why did I decide to donate money towards MS research? 

Finding a cure to Multiple Sclerosis is important to me because my Aunt has been living with this disease for many, many years. My Aunt has always been a strong and intelligent woman. She has a charming disposition and is a great cook. Even though she has been living with this disease for many years, she doesn't let it get the best of her. However, her life would be much easier if there was a cure to this disease.

I am happy to donate to help fund research in her behalf to hopefully find a cure to MS someday soon.

Ways you can help...

- Help me meet my goal of $190 by clicking the donate button located on the right side of this page. At the end of the month, I will donate ALL donations from my shop and here on my blog to The National MS Society to help fund research for a cure. (If you donate, you will get proof that your contribution has been donated to the National MS Society at the end of the month.)

Follow me on Facebook & Twitter to learn how much I have raised throughout the month.

- You can also go to the National MS Society website and donate during the month of March or anytime throughout the year. Even the smallest donation will help out. If you prefer to do this method please let me know that you donated because I would love to know!

Learn more about Multiple Sclerosis and research...

No comments:

Post a Comment