Monday, February 20, 2012

The Challenges of Business Branding

For a while now I have been brainstorming ways to improve my business branding for my photography note card packaging. During my first year of business, I simply packaged my cards in a clear resealable bag and sent them out with my business card when I had an order.

Now I'm striving for more of a completed package that includes business branding that will excite the customer when their photography card order arrives. However I'm stuck with which idea is the best...

First of all I currently have 900 clear resealable bags. I purchased such a large quantity of these bags because I got a discounted shipping rate and a discounted bulk rate. So what to do with these bags? Well I thought initially I would try to sell them and then once they were sold I could purchase card boxes. If you follow me on Facebook, you might have saw me post that I decided to use stationary boxes with a clear lid, a navy raffia ribbon wrapped around and a small oval business logo sticker in the corner.

Well I have a lot of interest in the bags however they are too big for most of the interested buyers. So I have gone back to brainstorming. Here are my ideas...I think that I am leaning towards #2, what do you think? Let me a comment with your favorite.

#1- I cut the plastic resealable part of the bag using a paper cutter so that it was a clean, straight cut. I then added a rectangle logo to the bottom right corner of the bag. If I choose this option, I'm thinking about also adding a small circle to hold the flap down in the back.















#2 - I felt like the logo on the front was distracting from the photography cards so my second option is to seal the bag with my rectangle logo sticker. The front of the packaging would be plain and would only show the photography cards.

I will also be adding a small insert that will include sayings on the cards, size, and description as well as my website.

I found Name Badge Labels that are 2-11/32 x 3-3/8 inches. I have used them for my bags at craft shows and they have worked really well. So I thought I could use the same label for my branding too.


#3 - I would keep the original bag and add the sticker tag to a piece of navy cardstock. I would then tie it to the hanger hole at the top of the bag with raffia.














I'd love to hear your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment